Sunday, September 20, 2009

Scenario 1 of draft

My family was not incidentally made the decision to send me to study in the United States several years ago. Actually, they didn`t want to keep it as a secret. But I was not sure if it was for real. They revealed a little bit of their plan until 2002. A year later of the September 11th, it was more and more difficult to get a visa for individual to study or travel in the United States because the anti-terrorism policy for some countries. But my high school received the invitation from East Los Angeles College, which was the partner of my high school at that time. And they were still trying to arrange a group of Chinese students to visit seven or eight different cities in the United States for fourteen days. The total cost of the trip was ridiculous high, which was more than thirty hundred dollars; but it was my first chance to travel abroad after all, so I was eager to make the trip at that time. My parents fulfilled my desired dramatically as soon as I asked them for the trip even though my family was not rich. My parents expected me to gain some valuable experience through the trip, which can`t be learned from books. With the purposes of study and broaden my outlook, I made the trip to the United States successfully in the summer of 2002.

To me, everything was fresh when I was traveling here. The trip was short, and it is never enough to travel around America for a couple of days. But I still can clearly remember the scenery I saw, and the places that I visited in those days. It was exciting almost every single day, and I was energetic so that I won`t feel exhausted then. I gave my dad and mom a call at night, and shared the things that I saw and experienced on that day because those were used to be seen on TV. I had so much fun here, and finished the trip before long. The highly developed economy and technology left me a great impression. It was barely believed that the entire nation was built on these foundations until I witnessed it. It fairly provides plenty of opportunities for each person, and the competition is fiercely existed at the same time. I deeply knew that study in the United States is more than pursuing a degree; Meanwhile, I will never cease to chase after my dream and freedom in this country. I was not sure if I have a chance to study in America, but it was the trip pushed me forward to make the determination of study abroad someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment