Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Scenario 3 of draft

I am quite sure that the motivation of study abroad was pretty improper a couple years ago, sometimes, I think it was so naive that I don`t even want to judge it. I have to admit that I like traveling, especially, traveling abroad if by any chance. The reasons why I chose America were not only its advanced education, but also it has the best entertainment in the world. Theme parks, movies and live sports games are my favorite in the United States. I still remember I had become a basketball fan when I was very little. Actually, it was my parents raised me the habit of watching NBA. I used to enjoy games on television with them in the weekends. We talked about our favorite players and teams in the league. It is so much fun to argue with my father which team or player is better, since we are supporting different teams in this situation. So watching a live NBA game can be my dream as a big NBA fan. I felt regret for my trip because it was so close to make my dream come true in 2002.

I didn`t want to go to Great Britain, Australia or any other English-speaking country in the world when I was preparing my language test. America has much more fun than those countries, so it was the only place that I wanted to go at that moment. Definitely, my parents and I were considering this issue from different points of view. I talked with my dad several times when he found my psychology of studying abroad was unhealthy, “Son, I think you should stop considering the things outside of study.” “We won`t pay much for your living expense since we have barely enough money to afford your tuition.” “Don`t you really know how much effort we have poured on you?”… I held the opinion of they were finding excuses to prevent me from thinking how to have fun whatever they said to me. “I know what you said is true, dad. But the only thing can make me concentrate on my study is staying the country that I like the most, right?”

I wanted to say something to my dad, but I didn`t know how. It was too selfish to take care my parents` feeling. I had no idea if they realized that I had acknowledged my faults already, I confessed how immature I was previously. At least, they could felt better before my leaving if I had talked to them. I was so coward that I didn`t even do anything a son should do to his father. All of a sudden, I understood the responsibilities for myself and my family better than any time in my childhood. The pressure was not only come from my family, their expectation, but also come from the bottom of my heart. Cowardice and weakness had been expanded unlimitedly at that moment. Probably, I didn`t really want to study abroad as I didn`t want to confront challenges alone.

“It`s time, son. There is still some time left, but I don`t want you to be rush…” I said nothing to him, and stood up reluctantly. I didn`t know what kind of power kept pushing me to step forward. Perhaps, I was trying to pretend to be fearless. I was walking towards the check in gate in step with my parents. I slowed down purposely so that I could stay with them a little bit longer. It was not that obvious, but it took longer time than we used to walk. I guess they were thinking the same thing as I did. I kissed my mom good bye gently, and the tears welled up in my eyes the moment I hugged my dad awhile. It is true that don`t cry over the spilt milk, anyway. I eventually left my parents for America with no regret. The airport was still noisy as it used to be. It was the moment how I stepped towards maturity.

No comments:

Post a Comment