Friday, October 9, 2009

Draft of Commonplace Analysis

Marijuana, also known as cannabis, like many other forms of drugs is prohibited in most countries all over the world. Regardless, Canada, Spain, Austria and the Netherlands are the only four countries having legalized marijuana for medical use. Thirteen states out of fifty in the United States also have legalized marijuana for medical use only. Some of the major media and political leaders speak out clearly that they are against legalizing marijuana for any reason. Parents in the United States worry about how their children might become addicts to marijuana abuse someday if the Congress passes a law legalizing marijuana in the future. It is true that scientific research leaves little doubt that marijuana abuse is bad for the nervous system, especially for teenagers. But for the purposes of non-recreational marijuana use, I appeal to the government of Arizona to step toward decriminalization-and eventually legalization of medical marijuana use before long.

Cannabis tends to be seen more posing less of risk to health than ‘hard’ drugs such as amphetamines or heroin, and no more harmful than alcohol or tobacco (Jenkins 33). I don’t know any other adolescents’ attitude to marijuana, mine to it is quite different from other illicit substances. My friends talked me into trying some marijuana once before. I did it after I knew I could not become addicted to it because I never had the experience of the “high”, which is brought on by marijuana. The feeling was not as good as I supposed it to be. Besides, I didn’t feel comfortable with coughing when smoking marijuana. I will not do it again now that I know what kind of thing it is, and I have realized it was the most shameful behavior that I had ever in my life.

Comparisons of the Dutch experience of decriminalization with other countries do not show any consistent relationship between the prevalence of cannabis and the drug`s legal status (Jenkins 91). There is no effect upon those people, who have good self-control, particularly, if marijuana is legalized. They have never smoked before, and they will not do it again. Some countries with more prohibitive drug laws than the Netherlands have lower levels of use, while others reports higher rates.

Establishing an industry of marijuana could have positive effect on the economy in the United States since the financial crisis broke out these years, especially, in Arizona. Legalize marijuana so that the government can regulate it, put age limits on it, receive huge amount of taxes from it, and create thousands of new jobs in Arizona. The most important thing is there is no need to worry about marijuana abuse among adolescents because it still needs to be purchased by the prescription of doctors.

The arguments for legalization of marijuana are continuing, probably, the most efficient way to end the black-market is to regulate it. Allow the adult be free to grow or let the adult patients smoke whenever they need. I guess the marijuana is no worse than other legal vices. It kills less people than traffic accidents or guns each year in the Unites States. The city of Tucson passed a law last week, which is about concealed guns are allowed in bars. I felt so confused that is it really necessary for those people to bring guns with them in bars? What are the guns used for? Self-defend? It seems we have to be more careful when we are having fun in bars. It is time for the state government of Arizona to offer people what they really need. I confidently believe that legalize medical marijuana will work for patients and the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment