Sunday, October 25, 2009

Football Fever

Pac-10 division No.3 Arizona took on UCLA this Saturday. It was a disparate game, I mean, the game was predictable even though the game had had not started. But the Wildcats fans still enjoyed the victory over the Bruins yesterday. Our home team is doing so well this year, at least better than last year so far. The Wildcats are stepping forward after the victory in Pac-10 division. Furthermore, it was one of the last three home games this season. I should show some support to them as a student of the University of Arizona.

It was the first time for me to visit our home court stadium with a couple of friends of mine to support our home team Arizona Wildcats. I hope the fantastic game can wash my terrible week away in my memory. My friends and I were so excited that we equipped ourselves earlier than that because we knew the home team is in red, so we bought red shirts before the game started. Actually, I went to the football stadium a couple times last season when it hosted home court games. The stadium is easily caught sight when there is a football game because it is usually very loud and bright. And the fans impressed me so much that they are all in red except the visitor team’s fans. They are supportive as they are yelling and screaming during the game. There is around fifteen thousand fans show up in a game, so the stands are filled up with the red sea.

Being part of the red sea is excited. There is no difference among the entire Wildcats’ fans. Red T-shirts get everybody involve the game. The players were not only playing hard on the court, but also we wanted to try our best to produce enough passion and energy so that we can fill up the entire stadium. The building is huge. My visual was convulsed by the twenty thousand fans around us. I do not know football very well, but I was yelling and screaming with all the fans when they were getting loud. The atmosphere was different between games on TV and live. I just sit back and enjoy a game on TV quietly. I would not stand up and yell in front of a TV, which is stupid. Actually, I had to do what they did. I could not just sit there yesterday because the fans often stood up and block my visual.

I started pay attention to football after that. I think it is a real men’s game. Players battle on the field as soldiers. Football is fun because it combines power and wisdom in a game. I am a beginner of football game. I started paying attention to it recently, and read a lot of news online or in newspapers. There are still some rules to be studied, but I become crazy about it. Football game day is not only a good chance to show support to our home team, but also it is a festival for the whole U of A fans. I think I will go to the last home game in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment