Sunday, October 18, 2009

Food Culture

I usually eat out in the weekends. For one thing, I turn out to be lazy after study all week long. For the other thing, I am tired of my home-style cooking at home, and I need to seek something different to stimulate my tongue buds. Mexican restaurant is the restaurant that I usually visit with my friends or alone in the weekends. It is a wrong option to chat with a bunch of friends in a Mexican restaurant because it is usually very loud and noisy. It is fun, though, that I can enjoy the food and music band there at the same time. I guess that is the most important feature of Mexican style, which is full of passion. And the passion is come from great enthusiasm. Sometimes, I would like to be quiet alone, and the Mexican fast-food restaurant is my pick. American style fast-food restaurant, but the food is still Mexican and fast.

I tried several different Mexican restaurants in town already. Although most of them are labeled genuine Mexican food, but the only one that I would like to revisit is Guadalajara Grill. It is so popular that you can see many people are waiting in line for their tables at night if you go there a little late or without a reservation. The decoration and staff are fantastic there, especially, the food. The atmosphere is also my favorite when eating in Guadalajara Grill. It is a good place to hold a party because I went there twice for my friend’s birthday party. The music bands play birthday song and sing it in Spanish with guitar and other Mexican instruments. The music bands are the people with great enthusiasm who can get every customer involved when they play songs in front of every table for them.

Not completely, but it is still a little bit similar to Chinese food, which is the reason I crazy about Mexican food. Another reason is I am suffering from finding a genuine Chinese food restaurant, and the Mexican food can be its substitute. It was not the very first time I started crazy about it when I had it for the first time. I thought it is horrible the same as the burgers here as well. Anyhow, I took quite a long time to get used to it. The features of Mexican food are sour and spicy. I like spicy food, but I could not take sour. I got over it gradually. Mexican is not eating rice as much as any other Asian Pacific countries. They still mix some rice in burritos and tacos, which are dumpling-like food.

Mexican food is popular in Arizona, probably, in New Mexico and Texas as well. A large scale of immigrants brought their culture to the southwestern America. I like Mexican food because I am curious about the culture there. I still can learn something from their food even though I have never been to Mexico before. You have to eat when a Mexican musician starts playing a guitar. The food is hot and spicy, and the strong flavor reflects Mexican’s personalities are full of passionate and impetuous.

No comments:

Post a Comment