Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Bustling U of A with Noise and Excitement

This weekend was really excited for The University of Arizona because it was one of the few days you could found so many people showed up on campus. Cars and trucks filled up garages and the university mall. You could see huge tents were neatly arranged in the open air. People brought their dogs, chairs, tables, barbeque grills and even televisions with them. They were seemed camping on campus if nobody told me what was happening these days. People seemed so enjoyed casually sitting with their families or best friends and getting involved in the one of the oldest tradition of U of A. That’s right. This weekend was the annual homecoming of The University of Arizona.

Hundreds of people were around campus this weekend. You could see so many non-students looking people were touring on campus. I never thought the campus could be so crowded all of a sudden, especially those people who were in the bookstore picking their favorite Arizona products for themselves or for their children. Because of the football game today, people have to buy the U of A product to support their home team in the game. I do not know if it is a good thing or not. It was the first time for me to see a completely chaotic bookstore. It was noisy and crowded. Clothes were disordered or lying on the ground. You could barely found sales assistants to help you out with your sizes or any other things. On the other hands, the sales promotion was successful and people were happy about that. I think that is enough. Foremost, those people who shopped on campus were making big contribution to the university. I should not complain about those trivial things.

Compared with homecoming event of U of A this weekend, I concerned Wildcats football game more than it even though it is the tradition of my university. I was not part of it after all. Only the football game could draw me involved heart and soul since the Wildcats are doing so well this season. I was not only wanted to cheer our team to victory, but also I wonder if my home team could step further in the future. My answer is yes after I finished the game against the Washington State University. It was an impressive victory forty-eight to seven over the Conguars on Saturday. I start dreaming if the Wildcats could show the way to a future that will be a division champion once more since 1993. And I am also wondering if the Wildcats have the chance the smell the rose, which is the national championship game since the Pac-10 No.1 Oregon lost to Stanford in the nearest game this week.

The road to the glory for the Wildcats is still unpredictable. That is the real football for our fans. There are still a couple games left, but I guess the toughest games are awaiting the Cats. I encourage the team step forward one by one. Take every single game seriously. And I also hope the Wildcats fans show your support to the team without hesitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment