Saturday, November 7, 2009

An Everyday Life

It is weekend again, and I would like to have some fun after a stressful week. I was thinking I had kept myself away from Movie Theater for a long time, so I logged in the movie section in yahoo.com immediately and scrolled down for the standings of box office. That is what I am usually do before go to a movie theater. Pick one of the top ten movies in box office. The No.1 is the documentary, which is tribute to Michael Jackson. I do not really interested in this type of movie, so I moved my eyes to the second standing, which is a horror movie, Paranormal Activity.

Horror movie is ok for me. I would not freak out because of it. But I still resist horror movie because I do not want to leave any fear inside of my heart, by the way, the process of watching a horror movie is long and painfully. So it is not my style. It was different as usual this time. Its introduction caught my eyes and pushed me to click in and saw trailers and comment of Paranormal Activity. It is said to be one of the scariest movies of all time. I clicked in because I doubted how scary it will be. I am not quite sure about it but it is like a true story ever happened in San Diego, California.

I was really looking forward to find something exciting. Finally, I experienced it tonight in theater. The whole movie is non-professional shot by movie makers or directors. The actor and actress went through a hard time because an invisible ghost or demon is in their house. But it goes through the first personal of the actor in the movie. He records their everyday life by using his camera, including how the demon bothers them days and nights. They incidentally find that weird sound and footsteps have been recorded by his camera when they fall asleep because he leaves his camera on even at night. In order to find the truth in their house, he tries to pull out the demon and solve the fear completely. They research it for a long time in the movie. Analyze sounds, footsteps in their bedroom at night. It freaked me out several times indeed. First of all, it is invisible. It shows up all of a sudden every single time. It is loud like a beast but we audience and the actor and actress have no idea what it is as well. It drives them crazy and they are all killed actually.

I want to watch it because Tucson, Arizona is one of the few cities have the chance to watch it. Because the official website says if it is demanded a million times in those cities, it will be put on the show nationwide. I do not like it at all, and I would not encourage my friends to watch it no because it is a horror movie. Actually, the movie made me feeling dizzy when I watched it because the movie is shot by using the actor’s camera. It is just like self-make video clips that it shakes so badly. It is not true that it is one of the scariest movies, but only a couple scenes freaked me out. I think the movie does not make any sense because at last actress is possessed by the demon and killed her boyfriend. It is hard to make me believe it is a true story. So I do not like it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment