
Lady police officers, lady servants, vampires, devils, even “Jesus” show up on streets, malls and shops today. Boys and girls ask for candies from some other people in cute animals’ costumes with their parents. People are dressing whatever they like to be on this particular festival. I can see most of them are yelling, screaming, and laughing loudly everywhere. Parents or elder people would not try to stop those young people from being impolite. Instead, they allow them to have fun as much as they can. The entire city, actually, the entire country turns out to be a big party on Halloween. Yes, today is the annual Halloween. Happy Halloween folks!
I do not know much about Halloween since I have been living in the U.S. for only a year after all. I do not remember what I was doing on the last Halloween. It seemed nothing to do with me then. Halloween is not part of my holidays. I do not even know when or what date is Halloween. In China, we do not have Halloween as people in the United States. I just know it is a kind of festival, which is related to pumpkins, ghost or whatever. I still remember my family and I watched foreign television channels when it was Halloween. Usually, they play horror movies on this holiday. It was fun though because we seldom had chance could enjoy some movies like that together, even though I do not like horror movies that much.
I really have no idea how people usually spend their Halloween. Do they prefer stay at home, or they would rather hang out on streets. I thought it is only the festival for teenagers or little kids because teens have a great chance to have parties with their friends, and for little kids they can harvest a great quantity of candies from others. Today proved that I was totally wrong. Not only the children, I found it people enjoy having Halloween at whatever age. Especially, for those teenagers who are around fifteen to twenty years old. They seldom have a chance like that can joking around or scaring people when they are dressing their favorite costumes.
It is so much fun to watch them playing. Kids like dressing super heroes’ costumes more than anything I believe, such as Batman, Spiderman, and Transformers in movies. Young people like dressing those frightened costumes, for example, vampire, devils or some masks only show on movies like scream, and saw. I do not want to be looked stupid, so I did not dress any costume with my friends eventually. In other words, I did not brave enough to wear a weird costume. I still want to get myself involve this festival so that I would not leave any regret for this year again. My roommate and I decided to buy a big pumpkin for this Halloween.
It was expensive. We bought a rounded, giant, orange pumpkin anyway. I think it was expensive, not only I measured it on its single sales price, but also we were not paying it for food. Carve a pumpkin killer? I was not sure if we can make a really nice one, but it was the first time anyway. We googled some of the typical pumpkin killer faces first, and sorted the most likely one to be our model. Finally, we chose Jack in the cartoon Nightmare before Christmas as our pumpkin killer face. And then, we searched a teaching video to show us how to carve a pumpkin killer step by step on youtube.com. We made it. We placed the pumpkin killer in our backyard. That was the sign, which proved that we had participated in such a meaningful holiday. So many first time ever in my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment