I thought this week would be easier for me after the second draft was turned it in. But I was wrong. I am actually struggling with my new Rhetorical Project this week. First of all, I have to insist on using the same topic that I had in my essay two. Secondly, I do not have any idea about how to start talking about it in my project. I felt a little frustrated that my peers denied my proposal for my project, probably some of the main points that I did not state clearly. But I still confidently believe that my instructor will approve it before long. Generally, I just added my main argument for my project, and change the way of publication in the future. I was thinking about writing an editorial for Arizona Daily Wildcat, but it is a little too short for my project, so I have to change it to an article to the newspaper. Well, it is still a problem for me because I have no any experience about writing an article for a newspaper, such as format, style and tone. Foremost, I want it to be a formal academic-like article.
I realize that reading is important. It is not just reading the books that I need to do research for my project, but a lot of reading from newspapers. I think I have to familiar with the articles for newspapers first before I launch my project in case I get myself into trouble with the style. Time is running out, and I have to finish or prepare my thought in a week. This challenge is not just challenging my creativity, and it is a true test of my writing skills. Yes, anyone can pick any format that he or she wants to do the project. Write the project in article or essay style is the most secure way because it is an English class after all. On the other hand, the topic of mine requires me to write something rather than create a new blog, audio or photo exhibition or any other font to present my thought or my argument. I am not confident enough to do that. I prefer routine.
Some other sort of thing, which is bothering me at present, is the content. It seems I have nothing to write about for my topic. I have my thesis statement, my argument but the content to support them. It is not just simply do some research in these days. I am trying to avoid showing something that has been showed in my previous essay before. Besides, I am writing more than a persuasive essay but an essay that can call for action in support and join activities that I mentioned in my article. I did my proposal again, and I am glad that my peers said that I have a good start. But I am not satisfying at the starting point, but how to move on. Too much homework to do and too much pressure come from different aspects. I have to calm down, and recollect my thought these days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment