Today was a big day for the Wildcats fans. It was not only we welcomed an expected game here in Tucson, but also we were looking forward to see how the Wildcats will step forward to the Rose Bowl competition. We were ready to celebrate a victory over the Oregon Ducks before the game clock ran down at 35 seconds at the fourth quarter. But the whole situation had been changed so quick that the Ducks tied the game up at the last moment, and forced the Wildcats to play double overtimes. It was so frustrated that our home team down three points to the visitors. And we also lost the chance to play Rose Bowl this season.
I got up much earlier than I used to do so that I could avoid lines to buy today’s game ticket. It was so excited that Wildcats fans in red and yelled in front of cameras so that the entire football fans in this country could see how passionate the fans in Arizona are. It was true that the game was a big game, and all major Medias paid enough attention to the University of Arizona. Everyone wanted to watch a good game, including me. So I bought the most expensive ticket without hesitation despite the price. Yes, the game was so attractive that the box office sold out all tickets at different levels except the VIP tickets. Eighty-seven dollars were no big deal, and I believed the game deserved it. Of course, the game tonight proved that you cannot watch the game as higher level as UofA football anywhere else for eighty-seven dollars. It was just a little disappointed with it because I did not see the miracle happened tonight. I thought the town would be crazy about UofA football, but the loss turned the town down. It turned peace and quiet again.
Fans were still running their emotion high before the game started. I never saw such huge crowds on campus, particularly fans filled out the Arizona stadium much earlier than I supposed. The stadium was made up of red and green. But green was too small to be noticed. I knew it will be a tough game for Arizona because the Oregon is ranked No.7 overall the country. But the Wildcats were still good enough to compete with the Ducks. We just lack a little luck probably.
The Ducks touched down twice before long in the first quarter. I was a little disappointed, but never desperate. I knew the Cats needed some time to warm up and reorganize their offense and defense systems. The Cats were playing so hard to catch up the Ducks despite two touch downs deficit. It was great we just behind seven points at the half time. Later on, the Cats tied up the game dramatically after came back from the locker room in the second half. Later, the Wildcats overcame the Ducks seven points with a terrific eighty-seven yards run. It was less than a minute before the game was over. We advanced seven points to the Ducks. We felt that the victory was walking towards us closer and closer. And all of a sudden, it stopped. We had been tied up at the last second. We did not hold the advantage till the end of the overtime.
It was a nightmare for Wildcats fans. No one was happy to suffer the defeat. But we have to accept the reality. I walked out the stadium quietly. I did not want to talk about the game anymore. I feel proud of the Arizona Wildcats even though they were defeated tonight. I saw how they fought so hard, and never game up. Yes, they never escaped, or gave up during the game. I do not know much about the history of Arizona football, but tonight I witness never give up is a kind of spirit of Arizona football. I confidently believe they will come back again next year. Cats will be stronger and stronger in Pac-10. Good luck in the rest of the games this season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment